Prep Time: 45 minutes
Bake Time: 50-60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Man the bananas get ripe fast in the summer! So I like to try new recipes instead of always going back to my go-to banana bread (although that is delicious). So here is my banana bundt cake swirl recipe. It’s more of a “dessert” than a breakfast sweet; but if you like sweets for breakfast – please indulge!
- 3-4 very ripe brown bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup of butter (room temp)
- ¼ cup full fat sour cream (room temp)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups of buttermilk (room temp)
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas with lemon juice and set aside
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside
- Combine swirl ingredients and mix with a fork; set aside
- Cream butter, sour cream and sugar together until creamy
- Add buttermilk, eggs, banana and vanilla and mix on medium until completely combined
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Prepare a bundt cake with non-stick cake spray or butter with flour dusting.
- Add half your batter to the bundt pan
- Spoon your swirl on top of the batter and lightly tap it down flat so it’s covering all the batter.
- Spoon your remaining batter on top of the swirl.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes
- I like to keep it simple with a powdered sugar dusting; but you could definitely “dress” it up with a citrus drizzle.