This simple, but classic recipe makes a delicious, crisp and moist southern fried chicken. You can optionally add paprika to the flour mix for added flavor. With this recipe, you can use a large skillet rather than a deep fryer and get the same results. This dish is one that everyone will love and you can make it a staple of your dinner rotation.
- 2 1/2 pound chicken cut up into pieces: breasts, legs, wings and thighs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour (plus some paprika if desired)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- Mix flour, salt and paprika
- Heat up oil and butter in skillet
- Coat the chicken pieces with the flour combination
- Turn heat to low and brown chicken pieces on all sides
- Add the water.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 30 minutes, adding more water as needed
- Cook for 15 more minutes uncovered