Anyone else love Indian food but are intimidated to make it at home? I was until I was introduced to a wonderful Curry Blend that made Indian cooking simplistic. This is such a simple way to make a comforting and simple Indian dish at home.
I’m using a curry blend from Amma’s Spice Blends, which is an authentic South Indian blend. The website also offers some great, yet simple meal ideas!
Servings – 4
Time – 1 hour
- 3-4 tablespoons mild oil, like canola or vegetable
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of Curry Blend
- 5 pounds chicken chicken breast (about 2 thick cutlets), cubed
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 – 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 – 15.5 ounce can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- White rice for serving
Loading the player...
- Coat the bottom of a large pan or dutch oven with oil and heat at medium heat
- Add your onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add your garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes
- Add your curry blend and mix and blend for about 5 minutes
- Add chicken, potatoes and chickpeas and cook until chicken is browned
- Add tomato sauce and broth, combine
- Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until thickened and chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Serve over white rice with naan