Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes high pressure
Release Time: 10 minutes natural release
Total Time: 40 minutes
We finally got the Instant Pot that everyone seems to talk about. I’m excited to get started with some new recipes. I’m a big oatmeal girl. It’s such a hearty, filling, low calorie way to start my day. I especially like steel cut oats as they have a heartier texture compared to rolled oats. This recipe can be modified to fit your tastes. You can’t mess it up! Pumpkin Pie Spice and Apples are a great way to make your house feel and smell like Autumn!
- 1 cup steel cut oats (not instant)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup apples, peeled and diced (about 1 large or 2 small)
- 2-4 tablespoons of brown sugar (based on your sweetness preference)
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (can use 1-½ tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp nutmeg if you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice handy. Trader Joe’s has a great Pumpkin Pie Spice!)
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup of raisins (optional, or add more or less!)
- Combine all the ingredients into your Instant Pot.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes is over, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Stir well to combine and serve!
Tip: Make extra and store extra servings in the fridge! Pop the oatmeal in the microwave for 60-90 seconds and enjoy a fresh, warm, homemade breakfast any morning!