Yield: 12 large cookies
Prep Time: 2.5 hours
Bake Time: 20 minutes
These ¼ pound chocolate chip cookies, stuffed with graham cracker crumbs, Hershey’s chocolate and mini marshmallows are an amazing cookie to have in your recipe box! Giant, stuffed cookies seem to be all the rage lately. And what better combination is there, especially in the summer, than s’mores. Not only will the size of these cookies impress your friends, but the cookie is soft, chewy, gooey and delicious! They are big enough to share, but yummy enough to keep to yourself (I won’t tell!).
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 crushed graham crackers (62 grams) – for cookie dough
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 1.55 ounce Hershey Bars
- 2 crushed graham crackers (30 grams) – for stuffing
- 48-60 mini marshmallows
- Mix together your dry ingredients. This includes the 62 grams of graham cracker, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together your butter and sugars.
- Add your eggs and vanilla and cream until light in color and well combined.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients.
- Lastly, add in 1 cup of milk chocolate chip and mix until evenly distributed. You can use any type of chocolate, but milk chocolate is the best for s’mores in my opinion.
- Wrap the dough and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- After chilling, divide the dough equally into 12 pieces. A kitchen scale ensures even dividing!
- Mold each piece into a cookie with a well (see my video). It reminds me of making little pottery pots!
- Chill these molds for 30 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the 30g of crushed graham cracker into each cookie well. Then add 1 rectangle of chocolate and about 4-5 mini marshmallows to each cookie. I prefer mini marshmallows because I find they melt and distribute inside the cookie much better than a large marshmallow. However, if you wish to use a standard size marshmallow, I recommend using ½ a standard marshmallow in each cookie.
- Carefully close these cookies so that the filling is contained inside.
- Chill the cookies for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Arrange the cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add 1 rectangle of Hershey chocolate (broken in half) on top of each cookie. You may wish to add 1 or 2 mini marshmallows as well. Return to the over for another 4-5 minutes until very lightly golden on the edges of the cookie.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.