Loading the player...
Prep Time: 40 minutes (not included homemade pizza dough if using)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Over the past 3 years, this has become our favorite homemade pizza in our house. When I’m in a rush I use dough purchased at a pizzeria (most grocery stores sell decent frozen pizza dough as well). But if I have a little extra time earlier in the day, I’ll prepare either my Grandma-Inspired Pizza Dough or my Rosemary & Garlic Pizza Dough.
- 1 pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (1 tablespoon if using my Rosemary & Garlic PIzza Dough)
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon to dress arugula
- 5 cups of arugula (approx 1/2 cup per slice)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced (⅛ of a lemon per slice)
- 8 slices prosciutto, 1 per pizza slice
- Shaved parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll or stretch dough out onto a pizza stone or pan, set aside.
- Chop rosemary, garlic, shallot and add to a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix altogether until combined
- Spread the mixture onto your prepared dough.
- Bake for 5 minutes
- While baking, slice your tomatoes.
- Once the pizza is taken out of the oven, layer tomato slices onto the pizza. Then add shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 11-15 minutes until melted and golden brown to your liking.
- While the pizza is baking, prepare your arugula topping – but not too early, otherwise your arugula will wilt with the addition of lemon and olive oil. Add arugula you will be using in this sitting. Always prepare your arugula fresh for each slice you will eat.
- Add arugula to a large bowl, juice lemon into greens. Add extra virgin olive oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Slice your pizza, top each slice with 1 slice of prosciutto, about 1/2 cup of arugula and a sprinkling of shaved parmesan.