Total Time: 30 minutes
I love cake batter flavors. Sometimes I feel like a child ordering cake batter flavored ice creams and Italian ices; but it’s so amazingly satisfying. I have a sweet tooth and cake batter flavors make me happy! The problem is I don’t want to buy a box of cake mix in order to obtain that flavor in different recipes. So instead I re-created it with items you should have right in your kitchen. This Funfetti Whipped Cream is sweet, light, and fun. Enjoy it on a number of things: ice cream, cake filling, cream puff filling or strawberry shortcake!
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup of jimmie sprinkles
- Pour heavy cream and vanilla into a stand mixer with whisk attachment. You can also use handheld beaters.
- Beat until cream is thick, light, and fluffy. The whipped cream should stand in soft peaks when you lift the beaters.
- Add combined flour, cream of tartar and sugar about a heaping tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add the jimmie sprinkles and fold into the whipped cream.
- Chill the whipped cream until ready to use. This will help the whipped cream firm up a bit before use which is especially helpful if you plan to pipe the whipped cream onto a cake or as a filling, like a cream puff.