Loading the player...
This a great way to take advantage of the full nutrition of your summer vegetables and fruits. There is a lot of room for mixing and matching whatever you have fresh. A high-powered blender is a must have to make sure soup is creamy and delicious. Also, best to make sure it sits in fridge a while before you serve it.
- 1 Avocados
- 1 Lemons and Zest
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Cucumber
- 6-7 Ripe Vine Tomatoes
- Handful of Basil and or Parsley
- 2 Ears Corn
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 8-10 Large Shrimp
- 1 Full Onion (1/2 Red and ½ White)
- Peach to add sweetness (optional)
- Peel and dice your vegetables. I usually make big chucks with the items I am going to put in blender and small dice the stuff I will use in soup. The small dice offers a nice complexity of texture between the creamy soup and julienned herbs.
- I save my vegetable scraps to add to the water I will cook shrimp cocktail in. This will add lots of flavor.
- Boil water with vegie scraps and cook shrimp until pink and add to ice batch immediately and set aside.
- Blend together and let sit in fridge for few hours or even over night