Loading the player...
Thai Basil Beef Super Easy Cooks in Less than 10 minutes. It’s about 10-15 Minutes of Prep
This is a great “go-to” dish during the week. Super-fast and super delicious! I hope you Enjoy. Of course, if you don’t like spicy food, you can omit the chili garlic sauce.
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 12 oz. beef, sliced thinly against the grain and mixed with 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, packed
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Few squeezes of lime
- 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce (less if you don’t like Spice)
- Toasted rice powder – about a tablespoon
- Heat your wok or pan over high heat and add the oil. Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok, and set aside. Add the garlic and red pepper to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Add the onions and stir-fry until browned and slightly caramelized.
- Toss the beef back in, along with the chili sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the Thai basil until it’s just wilted.
- Top with fresh cilantro, basil, and toasted rice powder
- Serve with Jasmine or Sticky Rice