Anyone grow zucchini during the summer and unsure of how to cook all that surplus? Zucchini bread is a great option! And chocolate zucchini bread might be even more delicious. Zucchini makes the cake amazingly moist and fresh! And if you have any children that hate zucchini – I promise they won’t even notice!
- 2-½ cups all purpose flour (360 grams)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (50 grams)
- 2-½ teaspoons baking powder (20 grams)
- 1-½ teaspoons baking soda (13 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt (8 grams)
- ¾ cups unsalted butter, room temperature (1 and ½ sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (220 grams)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (235 grams)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup heavy cream (milk or non dairy substitute can be used)
- 3 cups zucchini (18 ounces), shredded and not drained.
- ¾ cups of chocolate chips (150 grams)
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Prepare a bundt pan by greasing it with baking spray or rubbing it with butter.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Shred your zucchini. I like to use my food processor with the shredding blade, but you can also use a cheese grater.
- Beat butter and sugars together until creamy
- Add in eggs, vanilla and milk and beat until full mixed and creamy
- Add the dry ingredients in two batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the zucchini and fold/mix until fully incorporated.
- Add your chocolate chips and mix until distributed into the batter.
- Add your batter to the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes and until a tooth pick comes out clean from the cake.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Invert the pan onto a rack and remove the pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.