Loading the player...
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Pickling Time: 24+ hours
Total Time: 1 day
- Fresh Banana Peppers (10-15)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard seed
- Slice your banana peppers into small rings – don’t discard seeds
- Chop garlic and sage
- Add these to your mason jar.
- In a sauce pot, combine, vinegars, water, salt, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Cool the brine to room temp or in the refrigerator
- Add brine to the mason jar, making sure not to fill to the tippy top.
- Refrigerate for at least 48 hours. The longer they sit, the stronger and more “pickled” they become. I often use them on pizza with sausage. For that – I really only need 24-48 hours of pickling to suit my needs.