Loading the player...
This frosting is surprisingly stable and so easy to make. The longer you keep your coconut cream in the refrigerator the better. It’s also incredible to use in a smoothie!
- 3 cans of pure coconut cream, chilled at least 12 hours
- 1-¼ cup powdered sugar (or approximately ½ cup of powdered sugar per can if you make more or less frosting)
- Refrigerate your cans of coconut cream for at least 12 hours. This allows at least ½ the can to solidify.
- Do not shake the cans! You want the liquid and solids to remain separated.
- Spoon just the solidified coconut cream into a stand mixer.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add your powdered sugar a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add food coloring if you wish (stay tuned for my all natural food-coloring recipe using beets)
- Refrigerating your frosting will allow it to firm up a little bit more.