Occasionally, you must indulge! This is certainly one of those time. I’ve been wanting to do this a while. Little while back when I did my beef short ribs, I saved all my fat trimmings and made homemade beef tallow.
- 1 Ribeye Steak
- Dutch Oven
Beef Tallow and Avocado Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Loading the player...
- Prepare your ribeye by seasoning your rib eye, salt and pepper work just fine.
- Set up your Dutch oven add enough beef tallow to melt oil to about 1 inch covering pan. I also add some avocado oil.
- Heat oil to 350, I use a temperature gun.
- Lower the ribeye into the hot oil.
- Fry 2 minutes per side or until or have a great crust.
- Take it out and let it rest.
- I like to serve whole with potatoes fried in same beef fat!